Altrincham is Trafford’s largest Town Centre with an historic market, combined with recently developed modern facilities.
It has an excellent array of specialist and independent businesses, major high street names and excellent eateries.
It also has a thriving commercial sector adding to the day-time footfall. A growing Town Centre residential population is further strengthening the vitality of Altrincham.
Altrincham Unlimited is the town’s Business Improvement District (BID), which launched in April 2016. It will generate investment of approximately £1.4m over five years for projects designed to improve the Town Centre and deliver benefits to the local community.
Altrincham town centre is currently going through a public realm improvement programme to cement the town’s reputation as a visitor destination. Read about the latest phase of the programme.
- One of the Top 10 ‘premium opportunities’ in the UK (Property Week)
- Low vacancy rate
- 2.7 miles / 5 minutes to junction 7, M56
- 4.5 miles / 12 minutes to Manchester Airport
- Catchment population of approximately 110,000 residents
- Home to over 400 retailers and leisure businesses
- 3.8 miles / 13 minutes to Junction 7, M60
| Key Assets
- The Stamford Quarter shopping centre has major names such as House of Fraser (Rackhams), Debenhams, H&M, Next, The Entertainer and Nando’s with more new openings expected soon.
- Altrincham Market provides a nationally recognised high quality food and drink offer, specialist markets and themed events, attracting over 7,000 visitors per week.
- Excellent Transport Links with £19m recently invested in an improved Transport Interchange creating a landmark gateway into the town by tram, bus, train, taxi and bicycle.
- Ample, affordable Car Parking with over 2,500 car parking spaces.
- Strong Leisure Offer with the only permanent Ice Rink in Greater Manchester, a six-screen cinema, two theatres and a variety of gym and fitness facilities. Altrincham Football Club play at Moss Lane, just a few minutes’ walk away.
| Recent & Planned Developments
- A new £17m state-of-the-art Altrincham Hospital opened in 2015.
- £3m invested in Public Realm Improvements with further phases planned to further enhance the visitor experience.
- The new Altrincham Library and Hub will help attract new visitors and encourage people to spend time in the Historic Market Quarter.
- The £70m high quality Altair scheme will incorporate the ice rink, as well as residential, commercial and leisure uses. Pedestrian links to the rest of the town will also be improved.
- Many Residential Developments are taking place across the Town Centre showing the increasing desirability of the town as a place to live.
- Improvements to car parking and signage are planned, including proposals to increase capacity.